Game theory is defined as „the study of mathematical models between intelligent decision-makers“. But „game studies“ or „ludology“ is the study of games, playing and cultures surrounding games. I first came across the term Ludology in a podcast thusly named. In these very informative podcast the hosts and guests fathom the meaning of games and what makes them interesting. I find that this is something worth considering in regards to roleplaying games. What makes roleplaying a game? Everyone wants to have „fun“ playing. What aspects of roleplaying games make them „fun“? What makes a game „epic“ and what makes...Read More
Author: Viðar Freyr
- Mike on Roleplaying with kids
- Starfinder Character Creation - First glance - Yawning Portal on Splat! The wondrous beauty and absolute horror of supplements.
- Thorsteinn Mar on Where have all the good rpg stores gone?
- Storm on Where have all the good rpg stores gone?
- Matthew Tyler-Jones on Where have all the good rpg stores gone?
|Mike on Roleplaying with kids|
|Starfinder Character… on Splat! The wondrous beauty and…|
|Thorsteinn Mar on Where have all the good rpg st…|
|Storm on Where have all the good rpg st…|
|Matthew Tyler-Jones on Where have all the good rpg st…|