Game theory is defined as „the study of mathematical models between intelligent decision-makers“. But „game studies“ or „ludology“ is the study of games, playing and cultures surrounding games. I first came across the term Ludology in a podcast thusly named. In these very informative podcast the hosts and guests fathom the meaning of games and what makes them interesting. I find that this is something worth considering in regards to roleplaying games. What makes roleplaying a game? Everyone wants to have „fun“ playing. What aspects of roleplaying games make them „fun“? What makes a game „epic“ and what makes...Read More
Author: Viðar Freyr
- Getting the characters hooked | Game Masters | Yawning Portal on Heroes or murderhobos?
- Metagaming and meta-gaming. Is it always bad? | Yawning Portal on Mind over map: Is theatre of the mind better than models?
- Arkham Horror: The Living Card Game | Yawning Portal on Free Achtung! Cthulhu audio Adventure
- Our 100th article - looking back on the last six months | Yawning Portal on The Endless Possibilities of Eberron
- Our 100th article - looking back on the last six months | Yawning Portal on Sandbox
- Introduction to an Adventure – Getting the characters hooked February 22, 2018
- The Hard Life of Privilege February 22, 2018
- Kickstarter Watch – Strongholds, Princesses and Sensibility. Oh My… February 19, 2018
- For all you newer readers February 17, 2018
- Our 100th article – looking back on the last six months February 16, 2018